Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Borgore Talks Miley Cyrus Backstage With "Rolling Stone" At His 'Creampies Christmas' Concert. Another Collaboration In Store??



Playing the second of two nights in his new hometown of L.A., Israeli dubstep DJ Borgore had high hopes. "This is the bigger show and we wanted it to be special," he told Rolling Stone in his dressing room before taking the stage for a sold-out crowd at the Music Box.
So he reached out to "Decisions" singer Miley Cyrus. "I really wanted her here, really," he said.
The DJ, who performed from his ice cream truck for only the second time (the first being at Electric Daisy Carnival earlier this year), knew his fans would welcome Cyrus to the stage. "I feel like the second I go on the mic and there’s another person on the mic, it goes extremely well. The kids in the electronic area don’t get to see this shit anymore, all they get to see is just DJs raising their hands up, being DJs," he said. "And putting more of a live feel to a show, two people on the mike singing, it just feels great. I think tonight is gonna go off.  I’m really excited about this."
He was right. Building up the hype, at 1:30 in the morning, he yelled, "Are you ready for my special guest? Miley Cyrus!" Cyrus, in a black crop-top, black pants and leopard boots, came out dancing to a huge popping sound and a sea of cell phones taking pictures.
Miley Cyrus onstage with Borgore after Cyrus revealed on Twitter that she was the singer on "Decisions," Borgore told Rolling Stone that he had no qualms about working with the one-time Disney sensation. And he stands by that. "I didn’t think twice before I did this, I was so certain this is gonna work," he said.


Now that he’s in L.A., he’s looking forward to many more collaborations. He said that he's had several people in the studio, but he won’t reveal who he’s been working with. "I really like to announce stuff after the song is done. A lot of times you work with people, sounds great, but it doesn’t come out and you make a fool of yourself," he said. "The fact that you can meet with all these people, see how all these people work, I have a different person in the studio every day. I had a lot of people I really admire in my studio already. He gives L.A. the credit for this turn of events. "I think this is the spot for music."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment