Friday, March 15, 2013

Miley Cyrus And Evan Rachel Wood Team Up Against Tabloids


                                        Miley Cyrus and Evan Rachel Wood


On the same day Justin Bieber took to Instagram to admonish the media for spreading rumors about his personal life, two more celebrities, Miley Cyrus and Evan Rachel Wood, are also speaking up and against tabloid culture.
It all started when a report surfaced about the gender of Wood and husband Jamie Bell's baby. "Fyi. No one knows the sex of our baby. No one. I am hearing rumors there will be reports of the sex but its truly based off nothing. Sorry," she wrote on Thursday.

"The fact that we live in a world which condones the stripping of basic human rights (dignity, privacy, etc) ...of people because of their status, is very sad to me," she continued. "We should have higher standards for ourselves as people and a society. Especially when children are involved."

Her statement caught the eye of Miley Cyrussplit from her fiancé Liam Hemsworth.
She responded, "I ♥ @evanrachelwood Thank you for always speakin the truth. #badbitchcontestyoureinfirstplace."

Last week, Cyrus pledged to stay off of social media as rumors about her relationship with Hemsworth reached a fever pitch. "I am so sick of La. And sick of the lies that come with it. I didn't call off my wedding. Taking a break from social media. #draining. my new music is gonna shut everyone up. not discussing anything but my music from now on," she wrote.

On Thursday, Bieber caused his own stir when he released his own anti-tabloid statement, where he aimed to shoot down "all the countless lies in the press right now." After quite a rough week in London, Bieber shot down rumors that rehab may be in his future.
"All this isn't easy. I get angry sometimes. I'm human. I'm gonna make mistakes. I'm gonna grow and get better from them," he wrote. "But all the love from you guys overcomes the negativity. I love u. Thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment